Sunday, April 08, 2007

45s That Are a Little Different

Novelty records. Lover Boy-Johnny Royal. The song concerns the girl next door who is after the singer of this song who starts out at the age of 6 to the age of 10. Her voice makes her sound a lot older than he is. Lover boy, I'm going to get you... . I think he has his own stalker.
The instrumentation is very similar to the Surfaris Surfer Joe, a lot of surf guitar.
You've Been Torturing Me-The Four Young Men
This song is about a guy who was tortured by his girlfriend because she was cheating on him. So he was telling her how he was going to torture her. It starts out with "I'm going to stomp you on top of your foot, and hang you from a big long fishing hook, and drop you to the plum bottom of the sea...(because) you love my friends the same as little old me. "
I believe the Hollywood Argyles did a version of this. And I would say this is in the style of that group.
Reminds me of Weird Al's One Minute More, except Weird Al was torturing himself.

Senator Bobby doing to a Mitch Ryder song, what he did to Wild Thing. Nothing more needs to be said.



"Recko The Robot, the funny iron man." Ever since the first time I played it, my teenage daughters sang along with it. My wife said I was torturing her. This states it's from a cartoon by Dave Fleisher on the label. Who is Cathy Carter, child prodigy?


No comments: