Saturday, February 10, 2007

Christmas In February

I was going through a stack of 45s and came across this Christrmas Boogie/Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer by Sugar "Chile" Robinson. There's a story to tell, and I didn't want to wait until December. When I was in the sixth grade, I went to a Catholic School. The teacher (who was a nun) asked us to bring in Christmas records to play. I brought this one in. She put it on the record player (Christmas Boogie-which was the unanimous choice by the class). It starts out with a piano playing with an upbeat sound, and then the singer starts to sing: "Christmas time comes once a year, and Santie Claus will soon be here. I got to boogie woogie woogie..."
By the time the third boogie woogie woogie came on , my teacher, Sister M. had the record off the record player. She was just shocked! She even refused to play the the side, which was basically a standard Rudolph. She wasn't going to take the chance that it was more boogie woogie.

You would think a record with Bozo on it, would be okay. This also had a picture sleeve, that has been missing for years, but I may still have it.

No comments: